Answers To Bible Questions

What Should Be The Priorities Of A Christian? Day 1

What Should Be The Priorities Of A Christian?

Today I want us to talk about priorities looking at Jesus Christ as an example. Let's first read our main text.

  • Mark 3:21 (When his family heard about it, they went to get him. They said, “He’s out of his mind!”)

  • Mark 3:31-35 (Then his mother and his brothers arrived. They stood outside and sent someone to ask him to come out. The crowd sitting around Jesus told him, “Your mother and your brothers are outside looking for you.” He replied to them, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” Then looking at those who sat in a circle around him, he said, “Look, here are my mother and my brothers. Whoever does what God wants is my brother and sister and mother.”)

Jesus in His earthly Ministry turned the world upside down. He is busy with preaching while His family were told He is becoming mad and thus they were concerned and sought Him. This was not a real madness but because some of His audience cant understand Him so they told His family their son is becoming mad. We see Jesus telling us in verse 35 that those who do Gods will are His brothers and sisters.(“Whoever does the will of God is My brother and sister and mother.”)

 If we see in the New Testament Jesus Christs priority was the word of God, now if anyone who does the will of God is worthy to be a brother and sister, then Jesus is worthy to be your brother and sister if you carefully listen to His words and obey them. But above all, He is our saviour. If it comes to been exemplary, Jesus hear practically is doing what He says. Jesus said in John 8:29 “The One who sent Me is with Me. He has not left Me alone, because I always do what pleases Him.” I like the word ‘always” in the above verse.

  If we take time to follow Jesus' miracle especially before He multiplied the bread and fish He always preached. Important to note is that it was His disciples who reminded Him that the people need to be fed otherwise He was taken up by preaching which was His priority. Look at His disciples life, they were following Jesus, they died like Him, Paul died like Him. If we are doing anything that is in line with Gods will, do it unto death. Even if Jesus gets tired in doing Gods will, He keep doing it. Remember His words in Luke 22:42 “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.”

Few days ago I was opposed in doing Gods will by some Pastors, what pained me was how could God use His own Ministers to oppose His own Minister? I thought about this with tears in my eyes. Then God knew I was going to hate this people but He revealed to me that this people are Innocent, its Satan using them because its only Satan who oppose the Gospel. Jesus gave up any opportunity, weather riches, poverty, worldly position, to be top in government, He always cling to the will of God, that is the Gospel. This reminds me of Mathew 4: 4 “But He answered, “It is written: Man must not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.” And verse 8-10 “Again, the Devil took Him to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendour. And he said to Him, “I will give You all these things if You will fall down and worship me. Then Jesus told him, “Go away, Satan! For it is written:

Worship the Lord your God, and serve only Him.”

Thanks

Post a Comment

0 Comments